Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Applying these strategies to my classrooms

Posted by Jenny Kinter on November 15, 2019 at 11:37 am

This unit has such good information. I am already applying some of it to my classes. My pre-algebra class is learning prime factorization. I printed the 100 chart from the Prime Climb game and had the students color them. They were finding all kinds of patterns as they colored. As we work on the concept of prime factorization I am hoping they discover that this chart is more than just identifying prime numbers.

My biggest take away is Don’t be the hero or the “sage on the stage” which I have been so often In the past.

Jenny Kinter replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kyle Pearce

Administrator
    November 17, 2019 at 11:57 am

@JennyKinter

So happy to hear that the message in this course is resonating with you and you’ve ALREADY put it into action! 

What would you say are your next steps?

• Jenny Kinter

November 25, 2019 at 11:45 am

I have so much whirling in my head I think my next few steps HAVE to be to tackle the tasks whirling so I can focus. My whirling tasks are:

Mindmap the Pre-algebra curriculum and finish writing the curriculum guide for it.

Figure out how to handle homework in that class so I’m not drowning in papers!

That last piece is the one really affecting my productivity this quarter. Any suggestions? Our classes are only 45 minutes and I hate to let going over homework steal too much of the time. 

Should I completely rethink homework?? I feel like there is too much information out there to know where to start.