Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Always the same

Posted by Christa Amezcua on April 1, 2020 at 7:37 pm

I’ve always liked varying the methods, materials and styles of teaching. I think that even when a resource is very useful and its used is well planned trhough the curriculum (as cuisinnaire rods) they become boring after a while. Boring materials loose their potential.

So I try using many Tiliches (stuff), but at the end, we register our results in our “textbook”, which was authored by myself, so it follows my activities pretty well. So, at the end of the year, students “complain” that we always use the book.

My fellow teacher of 7th grade, got complaints about “not using the book, and using always the notebook and copies of worksheets”.

I used Desmos activities (the ones already available and my own) at the beginning of our virtual lessons, as they were the first things I got ready, and because they already knew how they worked (but asynchronously). All the students worked great, and finished on time. But after a week, they started asking for something different than Desmos.

Having a variety of materials is great, but then, before the test, they need to have a place to find what they know. Whether it is their notebook, Google Classroom, … Then they will complain about this other tool.

I don’t know what to do to make them realize they actually use many tools, and that the ones chosen to register their activities are useful to summarize and to study!

Christa Amezcua replied 2 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.