Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Progress Logs 3rd year Algebra 1 committments

• 3rd year Algebra 1 committments

Posted by Rachel Rohan on July 23, 2019 at 10:49 pm

1. I will use the Building Thinking Classroom practices of Visible Random Grouping and VNPS starting week 1.<br>

2. I will make math visible & tangible by using algebra tiles, tasks, and Desmos, and other learning-target-appropriate tasks; I will do this to build conceptual understanding (not just offering manipulatives in remediation). 

3. I will intentional plan learning goals, learning targets, meaningful collaborative tasks, conversations, reflection, and formative structures.

4. I will stretch my honor students’ thinking to help them grow into better problem solvers and to build a growth mindset regardless of their current perceptions of their math ability.

<span style=”color: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>5. I will communicate frequently and effectively with students and parents to build relationships, trust, and know students’ needs.</span><br>

6.** I will update and reflect on this progress weekly (might have to set weekly alarms!)

Rachel Rohan replied 3 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.