Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• 20-21 Progress Log

Posted by Regina Dill on July 15, 2020 at 8:13 am

July 15, 2020

Because of the students I teach my main goal is to read and re-read the 5 Practices and work through the process of learning how to teach and learn this way. It will be challenging but rewarding for all of us. I also need to learn how to attempt this approach online…school starts August 17, 2020…T – 27 and counting…

Regina Dill replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Regina Dill

July 21, 2020 at 8:36 pm

I have finished reading the 5 Practices the first time. I am now reading Jo Boaler’s Limitless Mind and I am also in a book study based on the book, “Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?” I hope to get through the 5 Practices 1 more time after that to really get the process set in my mind before the distractions begin!

• Regina Dill

August 2, 2020 at 8:28 pm

I am slowly but surely winding up all of the PD I committed to over the summer. I am tuning into the Hive Summit for the sessions that pertain to me over the next week and I am taking part in a Pitch and Design training for teaching math through entrepreneurship that I think will be pretty exciting. I did finish the Data Literacy Course with Jo Boaler and got a lot out of that. now I am just working on my class CANVAS courses…trying to make them simple and accessible…and waiting for the county school board meeting Tuesday night to see if we are going to stay blended when everyone around us has gone to remote…

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      August 3, 2020 at 6:59 am

Lots on the go for you! That’s awesome!

What was your biggest take away from the data course with Jo Boaler?

• Regina Dill

August 3, 2020 at 7:49 am

Data Science is a great way to engage students that can’t see the need for math in their lives and she said a lot of the same things I heard in the workshop with M4!