Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Make Math Moments From A Distance 2-4 – Fuel Sense Making With Knowledgehook SnapShots – Discussion

• Regina Dill

July 22, 2020 at 11:18 am

I really liked that Knowledgehook Snapshots feature, but my county is a CANVAS County so I am hoping I can find some ways to mimic that with Flipgrid…or maybe CANVAS can do it and I just don’t know it yet!

• Elisa Costas

July 30, 2020 at 10:29 am

I tried to use knowledgehook in Spain just after the webinar and I don’t remember the reason why I couldn’t, so I used Padlet instead. The kids were thrilled!

• Merryl Polak

July 27, 2020 at 11:12 am

I skipped ahead to Knowlegehook deep dive before watching this (I just couldn’t wait, ha ha), but seeing how the students could use the snapshots and load them in real time was kind of a big deal. Amazing option!

• Joyce Dunning

August 1, 2020 at 6:28 pm

I like the snap shots in Knowledge Hook. This tool would have been so helpful last spring when we were asynchronous.

• Christina Marin

August 4, 2020 at 12:36 am

I really like Snapshots. I think this is something I could definitely use in the classroom for distance learning (and in real life).

• Lena Tunon

April 11, 2021 at 6:18 am

I LOVE the SnapShots tool that you showcased in this section! Even though I’m teaching in person, I’m constantly running around and trying to take photos of kids’ work and then airdropping it to my computer. this is such a great way to put kids in control, and make sure everyone who wants to share their work can submit something! Furthermore, my kids LOVE using the whiteboards, but I hate it because their work just disappears. This is a great way to work around this!

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      April 12, 2021 at 6:22 am

Sure is! Also fantastic for trying to piece together a consolidation to bring up pieces of student work. Love it.

• Jessica Kelman

April 25, 2021 at 10:46 am

I am still trying to figure out how to deliver this ASYNC without giving away information too early.

• Kyle Pearce

Administrator
      April 26, 2021 at 7:04 am

That is a challenge. Using Google slides or Desmos activity builder could work where they progress on their own and you slowly give them more. Of course they could just keep moving along on their own without thinking / estimating, but at least you are trying to set them up for that spark.