Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Brent Sturtevant

January 15, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Kyle,

Thanks again for the replay, my apologies for the delayed response.

Don’t get me wrong, I love DESMOS and think it is great. DESMOS is our starting point for our lessons and what we are using in order to create lessons as we are using their curriculum guide. After doing it, I can already hear students complaining and I believe this is due to DESMOS fatigue. I am trying to create alternate lessons to engage students more and change up the routine.

I would love to discuss challenges and/or share ideas. Another idea would be to share our lessons and changes that we have made in our classroom (due to your course). Then we could offer ideas/suggestions. For example, I am working in 3 act Math questions but I would love to share a recording of my lesson (no students shown for safety reasons) to then hear what I could do differently. I say this because when doing the 3 act, I can still see I am struggling with getting full involvement and/or leaving students to engage themselves to solve the problem. It is just like anything, I can see you guys talk and discuss about it but then critique is still needed to master it – that is were I am stuck. Also I have been using Braining Camp to create assignments and enjoying it but know I need to make adjustments but not sure what or how to change it.

As you stated, I would love to chat about curriculum and co-construct some future MMM problems as that would be awesome.

I am in the Eastern Time Zone (Boston Area), usually I can do Monday, Thursday, Sunday night (after 7) however I can alter my schedule if there are other times/days that fit a groups preference.

Thanks again for you time and understanding. Lastly, nice work on your hair/tortoise presentation (just got finishing watching the tape).

Taylor