Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Brent Sturtevant

January 5, 2021 at 3:01 pm

Thanks for responding Kyle.

Yes I would love to join any interested members. Basically I love the ideas behind what you guys preach and teach. I have been wanting to go this route for a long time. Right now my district is following the 8th grade curriculum in DESMOS. Everyone of the teachers just want to follow the plan they created. Even though I do like it, I believe we need to offer more open exploratory lessons (similar to 3 act or open ended projects) – I even heard in one of your podcasts that one of your teachers use DESMOS as start to an activity or to reenforce a concept and not as the main form of curriculum planning. I know my math director has no problem with me doing different lessons. The problem I am having is creating them and/or planning such lessons (like the ones you offer) into my plans. I feel having a group discuss the plan and create new ones would be beneficial.

Sorry for the lengthy email. If you have any other advice or insight I would appreciate it. Hopefully I will be able to make to it tonight video chat.

Thanks again for your time.

Taylor