Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Brent Sturtevant

December 31, 2020 at 5:43 am

I have to agree with Tanesha. Throughout this course I realized and mentioned in my responses that I need to incorporate these tasks/problems more as my intro-lessons into my units. Within these problems I then need to incorporate more methods were students are constantly sharing and working together (at times I still run into issues with the stronger students do most of the talking/work). I have realized that taking on these tasks helps students problem solve. They allow me to see how students are thinking which then provides me an opportunity to help them guide their thinking.

This course also showed me that it is alright to slow down on certain part of the curriculum as students will grasp later on if you spend more time on other areas which are the core parts to the harder material.

Lastly, this course demonstrated to me how much ratio and rate relationships can be used to help understand all the strands in the curriculum. If students are able to grasp these terms and concepts then it will help them process the other concepts as well – basically I need to keep referring to these terms throughout the year. I know I need to rewatch some of the modules throughout the year to remind me of these concepts and how to demonstrate them to the students.

Thank you.