Make Math Moments Academy › Forums › Mini-Course Reflections › The Concept Holding Your Students Back › Lesson 2 – How To Measure Quantities – Discussion › Reply To: Lesson 2 – How To Measure Quantities – Discussion
MemberSeptember 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
A swimming pool could definitely be measured in more than one way.
1. Surface area (sqr metres)
2. Volume of the pool (cubic metres)
3. Capacity of the pool (kilolitres)
4. The perimeter of the pool (mm – needs accuracy if you are going to tile around the edge, so a small unit of measurement is important)
5. The depth of the pool (metres)
I wonder how many people could fit in the pool without it overflowing?