Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Water Cooler Which Make Math Moments Problem Based Task or Unit do you plan to use? Reply To: Which Make Math Moments Problem Based Task or Unit do you plan to use?

• Regina Dill

July 21, 2020 at 8:28 pm

I just spoke with the other middle school math teacher at my school today about what I am thinking of as a plan…I think we are going to plan for remote learning even though we are going to see 20% of our students each day. We will each have a 7th and 8th grade class and we will eventually get some 6th graders…I guess…we are an alternative school so we will probably get kids eventually…We both agreed that we would focus on proportional reasoning for the beginning of the year using high quality tasks from M^4 and other places you have suggested and we will have our grade specific goals set and make sure our notice and wonder, etc. gets us to where we need to go. Now that we can give grades and we know what we are doing a little better I am hoping more of our reluctant learners will join us.