Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 4: Psychological Safety & Assessment – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 4: Psychological Safety & Assessment – Discussion

• Daniel Whittaker

July 15, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I have those cards and use them occasionally, but I’ve actually moved away from them because it is much quicker and simpler to just distribute their name sticks (popsicle sticks that they write their name on at the beginning of the year) randomly at the desks instead.

I’m nervous about this coming year post Covid as from what I’m seeing I think I have to have a set seating arrangement for the semester at least to minimize contact, and this will have to include social distancing, so no group work at the same table. I’m hoping that I’m reading things wrong.

I do like the idea of using estimation 180 and WODB and the like to start math fights. I’ve never really gotten into a daily practice of these as I fear the amount of time they take out of the day. But, I think I’m going to make an effort this year. Especially since I’ll be removing my daily timed HW quiz.