Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Make Math Moments From A Distance 1-3 – Sparking Curiosity Through The Gummy Worm Task – Discussion Reply To: 1-3 – Sparking Curiosity Through The Gummy Worm Task – Discussion

• Stephanie Moore

July 10, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Since we will be all asynchronous in the fall, I am wondering how to let them see what everyone else is thinking/estimating when they are all doing this on their own, perhaps, in my case, over a week. And also how to get them to think-pair-share and then discuss as a whole class. It seems like (having just taken the full workshop) that there are going to be a TON of tiny bits which will translate into a LOT of tiny assignments in Canvas in order to break this up. I’m afraid if I put in multiple links in one assignment to the video then notice and wonder then estimate that they will just go link to link until they get to the answer and not respond and then they will lose the process. I need to find a way to “force” them to respond to each piece as much as possible. Guess I’ll be giving lots of 1 and 2 point credits for responding in GoReact or FlipGrid etc!