Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Heidi Warrington

July 10, 2020 at 3:29 pm

I am so excited to implement what I have learned in this course and am so grateful for all the terrific ideas to transform my math classroom. I think my biggest takeaway is finally understanding how to use a low-floor, high-ceiling problems that will invoke curiosity (thanks to your guidance!) as the launching point for learning goals. I always thought students, particularly struggling learners, would be frustrated if they didn’t first learn the algorithm, but through your well-planned tasks, I can see how students will be able to approach the tasks in multiple ways and how I can then use those student generated solutions to move towards our learning goal. I was so concerned at the beginning of this summer about how I was going to teach Pre-Algebra to a group of very diverse learners and now I feel confident that I can help students who self-identify as being “bad at math” to build their mathematical confidence while still challenging those high-flying math students. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, your time, and your resources!