Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Make Math Moments From A Distance 1-1 – Introduction to Sparking Curiosity From A Distance – Discussion Reply To: 1-1 – Introduction to Sparking Curiosity From A Distance – Discussion

• Adrianne Burns

July 6, 2020 at 8:52 am

I love the visual of how we learn. You have used it before and it is such a great representation of what we see in our classroom. Going into a new school year after the virtual learning, which was really pandemic teaching and not necessarily quality or covering all standards, the visual has me thinking about where students will be. For many I am sure the disruption in learning shifted the path they are on. Teachers are expecting this. We know how to adjust our teaching and work with students on different paths. We are able to anticipate misconceptions and know what to ask and what to look for to understand student thinking and plan next moves. As I look at the visual I wonder about new paths that virtual learning has created. What won’t we be anticipating? What uncharted paths will we be navigating with students next year?