Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Tech Talk What resources do I need to teach from home? Reply To: What resources do I need to teach from home?

• Katrien Vance

June 21, 2020 at 8:12 pm

I am also curious about what document camera to get. I would be buying it with my own money, so I’d like to make a good choice! I can connect to a computer, as the IPEVO V4K does, and then Chromecast to the TV in front. I don’t think I can afford the wireless option. I like that the V4K works with Chromebooks, as that’s what we have. For handwritten things, it seems like I would either be bringing kids’ work to me to project or moving my computer and camera to them. I also feel like I could make teaching videos if we have to go back to completely remote learning (right now, we’re planning to be in person but offer an online complement).

While we’re on the topic of tech, I’d also be curious to know how to reach students who are at home from my classroom. A camera mounted in the room (my phone on a tripod?) that captures the whole class? Assign a kid to be camera-person for each class, so that they can follow me, see the board, see the tables? What has anyone else tried in terms of recording their class?

Thanks, Mary!