Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Podcast Discussion Ep01: Introduction to Making Math Moments That Matter Reply To: Ep01: Introduction to Making Math Moments That Matter

• Susan Creenan

June 18, 2020 at 5:40 pm

My big take-away is the reason I am here. How do I spark the curiosity for learning in students? I have always taught where I pre-teach the lesson. I remember when I did the Dan Meyer’s filling the aquarium. I did the same thing you all did, and the students had no clue as to where to start. I had the same experience. I have tried lots of different ways to build curiosity, but it seems I always fell back to the same old – I teach first.

I am hoping that I will use the 3 part method -AND STICK TO IT. It is hard to learn this during the summer, and not being able to practice when it is fresh in my mind. But, I am holding myself accountable this time to make sure these students have what they deserve. I am using this summer to learn as much as I can. It is going to be difficult to figure out how it will all work because we don’t know what the next school year will look like in the classroom when we start back to school. I appreciate the resources you have to learn from.