Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Ericka Legnard

June 15, 2020 at 11:57 am

I agree, this is so hard with remote learning!

One thing I tried that helped (though not quite the same) were having students post notice and wonders on padlets, and then comment on each other’s, kind of like we’re doing here. That was pretty effective. I could then take some kid responses, organize and highlight them, and then turn it into the opener for the next day. It’s definitely slower than it would be in class, because kids have a lot of time to complete them instead of doing them on the spot. If you were doing synchronous, that could work in real time.

Another that I’m wondering about is having small groups be virtual. The management freaks me out. I don’t know my district’s plan yet for fall, but am thinking if some kids are in class and others are remote, that I could have kids in Zoom breakout rooms in class, so that a couple of kids in class could be online with a couple at home, and then those smaller discussions might work.

I don’t know if that helps or not, but to me the collaboration piece is what will be the toughest. It’s SO important, and will be different this year for sure.