Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Vanessa Cherney

April 9, 2020 at 10:29 pm

This has been an incredible learning journey. There have been so many “aha” and “yes” moments. For me, my biggest takeaway from the 6 modules would have to be the 10 Effective Strategies that Promote Learning not Labelling. I am going to start with the ones that I can implement in my own classes – small steps. I have more freedom to make changes and do things differently in my Year 9 Support class of 11 students as I can adjust the Learning Program to fit with the learning needs of these students, and because they follow an adjusted program, there are no grades shown in the reporting system, just feedback. Some of the things I have been trying already with them have already instilled more confidence to have a go, though interestingly, their focus is still “will this be on the test?”!!! I am determined to change this mindset!.

In my other classes, I will look at how I can make small changes in how concepts are taught over a unit, thus still following the same timeline as my colleagues, but (hopefully) getting better learning outcomes from my students.

Thankyou Jon and Kyle for these Workshops. I may even have to join Facebook to join the MMM community!!!