Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Water Cooler How will Small Group Cooperative Learning function with Online Learning? Reply To: How will Small Group Cooperative Learning function with Online Learning?

• Andrea Clark

April 7, 2020 at 8:27 am

I am still very much a novice with this, but I have found some success with Breakout Rooms in Zoom (I don’t know if you are able to use Zoom, but the Breakout Rooms allow you to put students into “groups” to talk about a quesiton and then bring them back to the main group to talk.) If you have any live lessons and use Zoom, Breakout Rooms are one option.

I’m also playing around with Jamboard from Google. I am planning on trying it out with my 6th graders today, so I’m not sure exactly how it will work yet. It looks like students can work on a problem in real time or asynchronously and see what other people have done. You could also do something like that with Google Slides (giving students edit access).

I’m also still developing a small list of ways to use cooperative learning, but that is what I’m thinking about right now.