Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Garret schneider

March 26, 2020 at 7:30 am

Hello!

My name is Garret Schneider, and I teach in Noblesville, Indiana!

I am a 6th Grade Math Teacher who teaches standard/regular ed and bridges/honors math!

I taught inner-city high school for 7 years, and then moved to Indiana with my wife, kids, and pups, and this is my 3rd year teaching middle school in a suburban district! I love it a whole lot!

I started teaching my doing a teaching-fellows program (similar to Teach-For-America, but region-specific) and really fell in love with the whole thing. I really like using technology to allow students as many attempts as possible in learning the information (any ExamView users out there? I love programming in it!), and I LOVE using math research to become a better teacher!

I don’t have many cool stories to tell, but it really warms my heart when I get nice notes from the kids at christmas and the end of the year. Halfway through 3rd quarter (the LONGEST QUARTER OF THE YEAR), I have the students write thank-you letters to their favorite teacher (not allowed to be me!), and I really enjoy putting them all in the teachers’ mailboxes! Everyone needs a boost!

I joined because I REALLY want to teach by tasks and spiraling, and this is the best place to really learn how to do both!

Thanks for allowing me to join!

Garret Schneider

numberpunk@gmail.com