Make Math Moments Academy › Forums › Community Discussion › Podcast Discussion › Ep64: Are you missing the mark in 3-Act Math Tasks? An Interview with Graham Fletcher › Reply To: Ep64: Are you missing the mark in 3-Act Math Tasks? An Interview with Graham Fletcher
MemberFebruary 17, 2020 at 8:44 pm
So many big take-away’s from this episode.
1. Sit beside my students to learn about their thinking.
2. Monitor where I spend my time in the classroom.
3. Determine how I am using the 3-act task and use it as an assessment tool.
4. Purposefully and intentionally choose the task for students to complete.
5. Learn to build learning from the task that includes multiple learning points.
This episode reminded me of myself when I am trying to determine which task to use, because I know where I want my student’s learning to be, but sometimes it does not turn out as I planned. I plan to use the suggestions given from this episode to structure my task even more as I finish out the year. I plan to also monitor where I am spending my time in the classroom, sit besides my students to monitor their learning, and see how I can bundle student’s learning when engaged in a task.
As I’m thinking about the last 3 months of school, I’m still wondering about how I will structure next year to group skills for maximum learning.