Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Sarah Merrylees

August 22, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Seesaw is working brilliantly as an interactive assessment tool. (Thank you, John for giving me the idea with your Freshgrade approach). I have been able to provide feedback almost instantly and address misconceptions with guiding questions so that students can work through the thinking process themselves and make changes.  This is helping them know what to do to improve their grades (Thanks, John Hattie for helping me realise that I needed to be more explicit with giving students the tools to do improve and not just the encouragement, time and support). The platform has also given my students opportunities to be more creative about demonstrating their understanding.  They have posted drawings, movies and annotated photographs as well as examples of pen and paper solving.

I have also used Kyle’s new youtube videos on angles and the students really enjoyed the guess the angle.  We had done the cutting of corners of the triangle as our own investigation but they felt that Kyle’s visual proofs made things even clearer. 

Completed my next Jo Boaler session.