Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Water Cooler Assessment Challenges Reply To: Assessment Challenges

• Nicholas Rhodes

June 26, 2019 at 10:06 am

Hi Kate!  Thanks for responding.  I provide each student with a problem or task based on their current level of understanding.  I use Webb’s Depth of Knowledge chart (http://sites.sau4.org/high-school-redesign/home/standards-based-education/competencies/webb-s-depth-of-knowledge) as a guide when creating or finding appropriate problems.  The learning goal assessments I give contain both Level 1 and Level 2 type questions.  The level 2 tasks I give are based on what you see in the chart as Level 3.  The level 3 tasks are based on what you see in the chart as Level 4.      

If a student has the correct answer but does not show any work, they receive an automatic 5 out of 10 points.  This is still failing, but it is not going to ultimately affect their grade as much as if I was going to give them a 0.  The student can then go back and resubmit the problem with the work attached; I will then adjust their grade accordingly.  

<br>