Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Rebekah Schofield

December 15, 2022 at 1:29 pm

My biggest take away was that the visual representation is what made everything fall into place with me. I was able to figure out the pattern, but it wasn’t until I saw the graphics that I was able to write it Algebraically. I have always struggled with this type of problem, and now I have a tool to help. me.

I have been using several different websites such as Esti-Mystery, and Mashup Math, and Open in the middle, as entry task lessons. The students really like them and so will try the problems and have discussions about the problems. Each day I make connections and fall ever more in love with math! What I have been learning here is definitely helping me to help my students.

When I watch your videos and participate, then I am able to see the possibilities of the problems, but if I am just looking for problems myself, I struggle to see all the possibilities. I was taught to follow steps and to work algorithms, I am seeing what a disservice that was to me and I don’t want to pass it on to my students. But it is taking me so long to make the switch because I don’t have the experiences. Any suggestions?