Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Noel McMillin

December 7, 2022 at 4:44 pm

As a middle school math teacher (elementary/middle school degree) its been helpful to me to have two other middle school math teachers with secondary degrees, it helps immensely to see the importance of some topics that I otherwise may not see value in.

New Learning Goal:

8.EE.C.8 Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.

Future Knowledge and Understanding:

A.REI.C.5 (Algebra 1)

Prove that, given a system of two equations in two variables, replacing one equation with the sum of that equation and a multiple of the other produces a system with the same solutions.

A.REI.C.6 (Algebra 1)

Solve systems of linear equations exactly and appropriately focusing on pairs of linear equations in two variables.

A.REI.D.7 (Algebra 1)

Solve a simple system consisting of a linear equation and quadratic equation in two variables algebraically and graphically.

A.REI.D.11 (Algebra 1)

Explain why the x-coordinates of the points where the graphs of the equations y = f(x) and y = g(x) intersect are the solutions of the equation f(x) = g(x).

(I actually have a document from one of the special education teachers in my building that lays out the prerequisites for each math standard at every grade level. it is very helpful to identify why students struggle with current content!)