Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Victoria Murphy

November 12, 2022 at 5:54 am

I really appreciate this lesson for the reminders of things that I have done and have lost track of this year. I have been feeling like I am just constantly catching up, for the last 3 months.

I have always loved, WODB and use it often. BUT, I have never tried the missing a piece ones! I LOVE that and will be trying it this week.

I have also done WYR, but I never get the discussion that I am looking for. So – I think a Think, Pair Share will also work with this and I like the prompt of “show your thinking”. I could also see this as a “create your own” type day, in small groups or pairs and then do a museum walk to solve each others.

I have also used Estimate 180, but this is one that I dropped during COVID and have not gone back to. I will definitely be going back! The liquids and “series” of estimates look amazing and I like the idea of doing a week in a row to connect them all.

Finally, I have tried Two Truths and a Lie before, but again, have not tried to have them create one. Again, this would be a great to do as a group and walk around. I will be adding this to my plan book.

I want to make sure that I get started on trying these more in my class so that when I have a half class left or an early release day, those short classes that we run in to could be great times to have the kids make their own and then do museum walks.

Thank you for the reminder of all these great activities!