Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Kristie D’Arcangelo

August 19, 2022 at 9:02 am

For the first concept of our curriculum, the students will be working with proportional relationships as seen in graphs and tables as well as other representations. In order to be successful with this concept, students will need to: be able to find equivalent fractions and know what equivalent fractions are; simplify fractions; find unit rates; and write data as a rate/ratio showing the comparison of the two quantities.

I totally understand and see the importance of this process and agree that it is crucial that students have the foundational understanding before you can move forward successfully. However, I am concerned with the amount of time this process would take and how I would possibly be able to address ALL of the learning standards that I am expected to work through in a year, preferably before state testing which is in early to mid-May. I feel a constant internal struggle with doing what is right by students and meeting the goals my administration has for me, i.e. complete ALL curriculum prior to testing.