Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Marion Mulgrew

August 9, 2022 at 10:53 am

Takeaways from this course include the ability to breathe and know that whatever curriculum we are given, I need to remember I am doing my best teaching when I stay true to my teaching values. I have better tools now to spark curiosity, fuel sense making, and help build students’ problem solving muscles. Now I am excited to create lessons that support students by using these values and create better thinkers and problem solvers, who can hopefully transfer learning from one concept to another.

Grading and what middle school grades really mean has been a struggle. This course has given me a lot to think about, and really use the 10 strategies in both the assessing and evaluation process.

I want kids to feel like they are engaged and growing. That my class is a collaborative class that helps them be better thinkers and be rewarded for that. Thank you, Kyle and Jon, for giving me more tools and ideas to improve on this! I hope to never again hear, “When will I ever use this in my life??”