Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Jeannette Milburn

August 4, 2022 at 2:19 pm

Hello! I’m excited to be part of this math learning community and can’t wait to get started. I have been teaching for 10 years with most of those years in 4th and 5th grade. However, I’m starting a new adventure this year by teaching 6th grade math! I’m excited and very nervous at the same time. Throughout my years teaching 4th and 5th, I really became a lover of all things math related. My younger self would not recognize my older self! Math and I had a love/hate relationship throughout my middle and high school years. I was always the kid asking “WHY?” and a lot of my teachers couldn’t explain to me why. They just told me to follow their instructions and (pretty much) let them be! Because I was so good at listening to directions, I got decent grades in math. However, I wasn’t a math thinker! I was just good at following directions! As a math teacher, I want my students to be math thinkers! I want them to ask “Why?” I can’t wait to learn more from everyone here on great strides they’re making in their classrooms!