Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Heather Alden

August 2, 2022 at 10:41 am

I will be teaching in a new position next year, Math Teacher K-2. I will not have my own classroom and I will be pushing into other teachers’ math classes. I am very excited about this and am looking forward to helping students grow as a second adult in the room. I am not sure how often I will be leading whole group lessons as it is a new position. I do know that I will be working with small groups often and am looking forward to using these strategies within small groups, especially as the students will not have retained a prior skill. I will use the curiosity path to help with gaining student attention, especially as these may be students who have not yet experienced many positive math learning experiences. I will use reflection and discussion and potentially data chats with students to help them take ownership of generation of new knowledge. I will work hard to create positive fun feelings with my math lessons. I am looking forward to learning more about spacing, especially as an interventionist as I want to help students retain the skills that I am addressing.