Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Julie Gonzales

July 24, 2022 at 3:51 pm

As a math coach I watched teachers struggle with knowing the sequencing of student work that would work best. This class has taught me to look at a broader approach in terms of pre-planning. I believe my teachers know where students are coming from and know where they need their students to go. However, I think the part they are missing is anticipating what student solutions may look like. I loved the templates this class has provided because I believe they could help teachers think about those student solutions and then mark which groups are using the strategies they have thought about. As far as the sequencing goes, I think it will be the learning goal that will dictate the order the teacher should choose. I have wondered may times if maybe teachers should worry more about CONNECTING student solutions than the actual sequencing of student solutions. It is those connections that I believe will help students grow their thinking – not so much the order the teacher chose to have students present!