Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Terry Hill

June 3, 2022 at 10:27 pm

1. I am going to have to work on this and see if I can figure out a way to do this.

2. I am not good at this, as it is hard to find the time to give proper feedback for each student. I do try to do this, and do a lot of this verbally when I see a student making simple mistakes.

3. I do give students multiple opportunities to show their learning, however it is usually only done by students who are trying to go from a “B” to an “A.”

4. Just curious, would you set a learning goal for each topic? Each unit?

5. I do this quite a bit. I really enjoy talking with the students and seeing their eyes light up when they realize how close they were to getting something.

6. I try to give weekly assessments, but it doesn’t always work out. Also, are there times when you might give two assessments in one week?

7. I like this idea, as I really love to see student growth, even if it does not mean they are making good grades. I probably need to figure out a way to include growth more in their overall grade, but I must admit it is hard to give a kid who is showing great growth but is still way behind, a good grade.

8. I have tried this in the past, but it seemed like it caused grades to go even lower than normal. Perhaps I need to try to stick with it a little longer so that students will see that they are responsible for things we have already covered.

9. I love this, and I have pretty much stopped doing review days. My school “strongly suggests” giving study guides for semester exams, but this year my study guide was simply a list of things they needed to know, without any examples. Almost like the study guides I received way back yonder when, as the teacher would simply tell us what chapters the semester exam would cover.

10. I think this will take time to convince the students that this is what is actually happening.

Also, I was wondering if you can share your learning goal spreadsheet?