Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Terry Hill

May 26, 2022 at 11:52 am

I want to begin the year with probability because it seems to be a topic we never have time to get to. I want to get my students attention by showing them the video of the Memphis basketball player who misses the free throws at the end of the game (many of our students love basketball). For generating, I think I am going to use one of the probability lessons from MMM, but not sure which one just yet (I’ve got two months to decide). For emotional I plan on allowing students to turn and talk about the different things we do, but I also plan on allowing them to roll dice for themselves (I have some large foam dice that will work well), and hope to even incorporate them making choices or taking risks based on probability. One of these risks would be something like offering break time versus extra work based on probability, and discussing why or why not students were willing to take the risk. Not sure how I will incorporate the spacing, but hope to figure out how to return to this within other units.