Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections The Concept Holding Your Students Back Lesson 1 – What Is Proportional Reasoning And Why Is It Important? – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 1 – What Is Proportional Reasoning And Why Is It Important? – Discussion

• Carol Townsend

November 3, 2021 at 7:24 pm

I am a francophone teacher. I taught grade 8 for a few years, this year I am teaching math in grade 7. Due to the language differences, I sometimes get mixed up in my terminology, but will definitely learn on the way (that’s my disclaimer). As for proportional reasoning, I am now better understanding the term. I observed that my students had a hard time in grade 8 and for that reason I began looking into new ways of teaching proportional reasoning last year, from rates to ratios to fractions, and found you at the OAME conference in may. My students are already enjoying your tasks and I have observed positive results (and attitudes) from all students, those who seem to get it and those who are on their way to understanding. I can’t wait to get deeper into your course and see my students reap the benefits. Thank you.