Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 3.7: Setting Up a Portfolio Using Google Slides – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 3.7: Setting Up a Portfolio Using Google Slides – Discussion

• Callie Smith

October 19, 2021 at 1:30 pm

I think this is great! I have the templates and am ready to try these things. We have access to Google Classroom, so this is perfect. It doesn’t have the togetherness of FreshGrade, though, so I hesitate only because my organization skills are not so strong…. However, I feel like the next module is also going to give me more ideas of how to use these things in a way that they organize themselves naturally (right? Because things do that…)

I’m still just loving the idea that kids are going to see each thing they do as an opportunity for learning. The act of documenting it makes it for real. It’s like we’re giving them the opportunity to ask themselves if this activity or whatever brought them closer to understanding the goal that’s been set.

It seems with FreshGrade that a lot of things have to be done by the teacher first — putting in the learning goals, providing the next steps, communicating with parents and students, etc. But with Google Slides the students are even typing in which learning goal they are giving evidence of. I wonder if the act of even typing that in forces some of them to recognize what’s happening in a way that might not occur otherwise.