Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion

• Callie Smith

September 21, 2021 at 12:32 pm

I like the part about the questions. I think I will actually enjoy trying to catch myself as I try to frame my questions well. As soon as Jon mentioned “Stop thinking questions,” I realized I do that from time to time just to “move on.” Since doing the Making Math Moments workshop, I’ve seriously made efforts to cut down on how much I talk, and it is SO hard for me! I like these checks and reminders.

I used Desmos (somewhat effectively) for the first time this week. It went pretty well. I can see how with a little practice, I will get much better at it. I love the pacing tool. I’m glad I used it on my sixth graders first. My seventh graders will need me to be more on top of things. They give so many good suggestions.

Jon already said he will answer my lingering questions about marks. BTW, I tried the feedback column of the assessments, and I LOVE it! I’m excited to see what info we will get about summarize assessments also.