Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 3.3: Transitioning to Standards Based Grading – Choosing Big Ideas – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 3.3: Transitioning to Standards Based Grading – Choosing Big Ideas – Discussion

• Traci Lynott

September 19, 2021 at 1:56 pm

I agree with others that my biggest takeaway is that it is not going to be perfect or maybe even “good” as I start. This is a big shift for me and I have told my students at the beginning of our school year that we are going on a learning journey together this year. I am getting close to being done with my career but never want to stop striving to be the best for my students. This is very overwhelming as I seem to be the only one in my department and even building that understands this type of deep learning is so good for students. We tend to get so caught up in standardized, high-stakes testing that we forget that these are kids and not robots. Thanks to you and all in the community as I am learning from the posts and don’t feel alone.