Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 1: Why Assessment Practices Needed To Change – Discussion Prompt Reply To: Lesson 1: Why Assessment Practices Needed To Change – Discussion Prompt

• Callie Smith

September 5, 2021 at 9:27 pm

My biggest takeaway is that I need to make some changes. After taking the MMMTM workshop, I was able to start making some minor changes that made a major difference in my classroom atmosphere and the learning. However, I got stuck when I still had to come up with grades for what was taking place in my class. I knew tests and quizzes were insufficient the way I do them, but I had nothing to replace them…

Wonder – How can I revolutionize the teaching and communicate grades at the same time? And use assessment to inform and make decisions and encourage students rather than just be a grade that gets put into the computer?? Looking forward to this! I wanted to do this workshop at the beginning of last year, but then the year exploded in my face…. So this will be very satisfying, I know! 🙂