Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.2 Two Formative Assessment Techniques You Need To Stop Using – Part 2 – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.2 Two Formative Assessment Techniques You Need To Stop Using – Part 2 – Discussion

• Pamela Brock

August 16, 2021 at 2:25 pm

I am grateful to be reminded about the “Matthew Effect” and how it relates to math class.

I have always felt like asking questions in class was almost wasteful – I already knew who understood and who did not understand as I walked around the room (for the most part). I would always get stressed when I didn’t do some of these things that I was taught were just good teaching. I feel less stressed just knowing that it’s ok if I don’t! I also find social interactions draining – physically and emotionally draining. I’m going to add the book to my list (that keeps growing as I listen to your podcasts and take this course). Thank you!

Question I keep coming back to: How I’m going to pull kids in that just want to dig their heals in, the non-participators. I’m hoping the tasks will be so engaging and they join because they can’t resist figuring things out.