Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.1 Two Formative Assessment Techniques You Need To Stop Using – Part 1 – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.1 Two Formative Assessment Techniques You Need To Stop Using – Part 1 – Discussion

• Pamela Brock

August 16, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Take Away – I feel liberated not having to share the learning goal at the start of class.

I will definitely need to work on my time management this year. 45 minute classes get away from me quickly. I really need to make sure I shore up the consolidation piece. Last year I found myself having to pick up the next day and re-cap before getting started. Which I guess I do anyway, but it takes time and I like to go slow enough for my students to feel at ease and not so rushed all of the time.

Questions I still have – Our district wants us to create learning targets for our courses. I’m still confused about the difference between learning goals and learning targets? Add the standards in and my own thoughts about what I want them to know and be able to do and I feel like someone who’s just been dropped into a tropical storm 🙁