Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.1 Two Formative Assessment Techniques You Need To Stop Using – Part 1 – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.1 Two Formative Assessment Techniques You Need To Stop Using – Part 1 – Discussion

• George Garza

July 26, 2021 at 4:18 am

I really love the adjustment to exit tickets. It gets them thinking at a higher level, practicing writing and talking about math. I frequently ask my students to write a reflection and do a practice problem to test themselves to see if they learned what they were supposed to. This exit ticket accomplishes much of the same things but includes a group discussion too. Thanks!

I also like the confirmation that learning goals written out at the begining of a lesson really are the worst place for them. It never made sense to me because if it’s new learning, and it frequently is, the students won’t be able to understand the goal because they don’t have the knowledge they need. If it’s a review lesson, then it really only serves to tell the students what they are doing for the day. I always rolled my eyes when admin asked me to do that.