Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 3.5: How Can We Use Portfolios In Math Class? – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 3.5: How Can We Use Portfolios In Math Class? – Discussion

• Jamie BALLARD

July 25, 2021 at 1:49 pm

I always listen to at least 1.5 speed! Good tip.

I listed to this podcast earlier this year and it helped me put my Evidence of Learning Portfolio together using google slides this year. It wasn’t perfect, but I like that we tried it.

I did try recording feedback, but found that I had to relisten to my feedback to make sure students were answering my questions/suggestions in the feedback. So, I went back to typing. However, I did use audio for our reflection journals.

This second listening of the podcast I zoned in on is the timing of “marking” it. Last year, we would give a grade when turned in at the end of a unit. Then students could schedule a “closing argument” time to improve their grade. Only grade conscious students would schedule the meeting. I am liking the idea of building time in during the class to talk through their portfolios, but not “marking” until quarter/semester.