Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion

• Jamie BALLARD

July 22, 2021 at 3:33 pm

I do a lot of funneling questions, especially in my lower tracked class. Their perseverance is so low, I can get tears if I keep the question too broad. One question I am going to use for this course next year is: Can you draw it? Model it? I do a good job of multiple representations in my upper-level algebra classes. I often say, can you represent it in a different way. Truth is, I am more comfortable with upper level algebra course. When a student doesn’t understand something in my pre-algebra course, it is harder for me to build representations. Often there are many different ways -which is great, but also confuses some students. Last year was my first year teaching pre-algebra and it was COVID – online and no shared manipulatives made it hard. I think getting more manipulatives into the class will help me and the students focus in on the math concept without me walking them through procedures step-by-step.