Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Lynn Crutchley

July 12, 2021 at 5:22 pm

I don’t know much about this modern IT stuff—self-taught by default–literally. I am an independent, voluntary tutor…to 30+ struggling learners from Grade R-12, though my primary focus this year is more on the primary school learners, and helping their younger pre-schooler siblings get some school readiness before January 2022. I live in a city in southern Africa but travel 55 kms one-way to help these children 2-3 times a week. I am NOT a qualified Maths teacher. (I do though have other qualifications and experience in other fields.) However, having struggled with Maths as a pupil, my primary focus now is on this very subject: sadly, the most dreaded and hated compulsory subject in our public schools. My goal is to help these children learn that Maths IS doable, and can be FUN! I tutor from my own overcome learning challenges and much self-study. (And, also have to do this in the children’s mother tongue–a learnt and still being learned language for me–many hours of addition labour of love for these children.) So, I am most grateful to Kyle and Jon for this opportunity to improve my own understanding and tutoring the children in this great subject!