Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Spiralling Math Class 6 Steps to Spiralling Your Math Class – Discussion Reply To: 6 Steps to Spiralling Your Math Class – Discussion

• Laura Las Heras Ruiz

July 2, 2021 at 6:16 am

In my region of Spain we have to evaluate in 4 “dimensions” Solving problems, connecting math with math and math with live, prove and reasoning, represent and communicate math. Then we have all the contents that we should teach which can be related to big ideas that you talk about. So that is what I think I have to mix. I use to plan a lot of group work and I have to do an assessment feedback for me and for the students, I plane also a big statistic project that it last all the cours, in which they have an assessment feedback also. It is difficult for me to think of how I will assess all of that and the individual test.

I haven’t spiralled yet, but I do mix big ideas in the different units because I have to work with connections and reasoning. For now, if the students work a learning goal in different activities I put a grade for that in all the activities they were working and then I make an average, for me it is difficult to understand how do you assess this learning goals if you work on it in different test or assessment activities.