Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion

• Anthony Waslaske

June 17, 2021 at 12:32 am

Year after year, kids hate Desmos in my class because the activities make them think. I thought maybe they were just boring and so I made them interactive with graphs and card sorts. Kids learned hey when I can see three kids’ responses I can click the back button so I don’t have to think about the answer and instead copy someone else’s. So I used other tools that provided feedback for something other than multiple-choice or a numerical answer. So all along I was thinking I was doing my kids a service but it was confirmation that they had the right answer that stopped their thinking. I think the struggle is changing the culture that math is something students need to get over or check off their list to do something else.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Anthony Waslaske. Reason: Grammer