Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Community Discussion Podcast Discussion Ep 74: When Do I Nudge and When Do I Coach? A “Where Are They Now?” Math Mentoring Moment. Reply To: Ep 74: When Do I Nudge and When Do I Coach? A “Where Are They Now?” Math Mentoring Moment.

• Christopher Ernst

April 7, 2021 at 1:55 pm

Big take-aways for me: I need to explore Peter Liljedah’s work more and I’m thinking about trying the random grouping for the rest of the year. Like Kirsten, the consolidation piece is the piece that I’m the least confident on right now and something I plan to dive into deeper. When she talks about “time to task” that’s something that I really connected with just starting this style of teaching. I find myself rushing at the end, or finding that some go much quicker than I’d anticipated.

I remember listening to her first episode and now this one, and intentionality is something that I really need to bring more into my classroom and understanding the “why” we do things. So far I’ve just been doing things because that’s what the “vets” have told me, but this is another push to challenge that thought.

Y’all were coaching me through the podcast there at the end!