Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 4.3: Where Do Formal/Traditional Forms of Evaluation Fit In? – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 4.3: Where Do Formal/Traditional Forms of Evaluation Fit In? – Discussion

• Christopher Ernst

April 5, 2021 at 6:42 pm

I’m absolutely going to be using the more common quizzes and having students recall old learning to help strengthen their recall. I also love the idea of having quizzes be short so that I can give meaningful feedback to students, rather than feel like I’m drowning in quizzes to grade.

Reliability is a huge issue at my school and in my district, especially during online learning. I love the idea of videos and audio files as submissions. I’m wondering when you offer students the ability to not submit audio or video responses, how can we be sure it’s them? I’m thinking in my district photomath and their explanations are rampant from an early age and for myself in 9th grade. Students that are using these fall apart with more conceptual or understanding questions. How can I incorporate procedural and understanding questions while maintaining reliability, especially in an online environment?