Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 3.3: Transitioning to Standards Based Grading – Choosing Big Ideas – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 3.3: Transitioning to Standards Based Grading – Choosing Big Ideas – Discussion

• Cheryl Jackson

April 3, 2021 at 10:08 am

The MB curriculum is similar to the Ontario, but less specific. I appreciate the flexibility you described to either have a LG such as I can multiply 2 digit by 3 digit numbers OR be more specific and break down the suggested implementation goals such as using place value.

My question is about the grades themselves if I’m not assessing formative assessment, or more specifically assigning a grade to it, which I don’t… where are all of your marks for report cards coming from? How do I decide what a levelled response looks like? If by giving them a weekly quiz with spiralled lgs on it, how do I grade each question separately, or more specifically how do I have it affect the students 1-4 mastery and in turn how do I come up with a percentage come report cards?

Sorry for the lengthy reply. This is all just so different than anyone I know grades.