Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Make Math Moments Academy Forums Mini-Course Reflections Assessment For Growth Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion Reply To: Lesson 2.3 Providing Feedback That Drives Learning Forward – Discussion

• Christopher Ernst

March 26, 2021 at 2:57 pm

The question types and ratios of the questions asked in my class in person and online really made me stop and think. Students ask SO many stop or proximity questions throughout a lesson or even a problem-based task. I believe they might be emulating the questions I’m asking them, either informally, or in their assessments. It really made me think about how I’m modeling the questioning method for the whole class.

One thing I’m thinking about is when we hit that struggle point. If students keep asking proximity or stop thinking questions and I push with a thinking question, they get frustrated. How do I combat this in the class and keep them thinking?

Also, this year (2020-2021 for reference) I’ve used almost exclusively Desmos in my virtual classroom and it’s been amazing and something I plan to bring with me when I see my students in person again!